Best Ways to Clean Windows
Cleaning your windows the right way requires you to have the right equipment for the job. Some of the equipment might be specialized, and you can find them in hardware or cleaning supplies stores. For the best ways to clean windows you will need:
- A mop – Also referred to as a washer and wand. A window mop is different from a floor mop. A window mop comes in two pieces, the plastic T-bar, and the sleeve. When the sleeve gets dirty, you can detach it from the T-bar and wash it in a washing machine.
- Squeegee – These vary in quality and are the most crucial of all equipment, so you should be very careful when purchasing one. A good quality squeegee should have a handle, a channel, and a piece of rubber that is supported by the channel.
- Bucket – Professional cleaners advise that you use a wide bucket so that the squeegee and the mop can fit comfortably.
- Detergent – Soap is an essential material when cleaning your windows. Most professional cleaners recommend that you use soaps that are soft on the hands.
- Scraper – It helps in the removal of hardened marks such as paints and varnish. Be careful while using a scraper because you could damage a window if you do not know the correct method.
Other items that may be necessary include rags and a ladder.
- Rags – This could be your old towel or a piece of cloth, and be sure to also have a microfiber cloth on hand.
- Ladder – A ladder is necessary for the easier cleaning of high windows. Click below for a highly rated and versatile ladder available on Amazon!
Keeping your windows sparkling clean is not as difficult a task as it may appear and becomes easier when you follow the 5 steps and discover the best way to clean windows
Best ways to clean windows:
– Fill your bucket halfway using cold water; hot water evaporates quickly and may leave the windows with marks of dirty water thus a lot of water will be needed. Add some detergent to the water.
– Dip your mop into the water and rub it against the window. Rub thoroughly to make sure that all the dirt is erased from the window. Use the scraper to remove all the tough marks that could be stuck on the window. When using the scraper, move the blade in a forward motion. Dragging backward could draw the dirt back, causing scratches on the window.
– Using the squeegee – Hold the squeegee in your hand with the thumb halfway between the top and side. To place it at the correct angle, assume that the angle touching the window is 0 degrees and you have to drag it at 90 degrees. Put enough pressure on the glass; this needs a lot of practice so that you can get it right. Note, if you exert insufficient pressure, you won’t be able to collect enough water and moving the squeegee will become harder, so you are advised to keep a constant pressure.
– In this step, you are ready to clean the windows using water and the squeegee. Start at the top left corner and move downwards gently. With a little practice, you will be able to clean your windows well. You are then required to wipe using a towel. Use the towel to wipe out any water spilled onto the windows. Do not use a microfiber cloth to wipe along the bottom of the window frame because it is going to get dirty easily.
– If there are any other marks on the windows such as grubby finger marks that did not come off, rub them off with a microfiber at this stage.
Tip: For better results, use plenty of clean water and ensure the surfaces around the window frames are dusted and cleaned as well.
Using this essential equipment and following these five steps, your windows will be cleaner than ever. If your windows have given you a difficult time before, now you know what to do to give them that crystal-clear sparkle they were always meant to have. For more cleaning hacks, check out the best ways to clean shower tile and grout!!